A Friday series exploring Startups and the people who make them go. Read all If the Shoe Fits posts here.
Did you start this year with a promise to yourself to be a better boss?
If you didn’t you should have , because no matter how good you are you can always improve — but that’s true for everything.
Today I’m providing five questions to ask yourself.
- How well do you delegate, AKA letting go/loss of control.
- Is your self esteem tied to your Klout score or your team’s accomplishments?
- Are you so tied to your vision that you’re blind to your market’s response?
- Do you practice culture by design or by accident?
- Do you want to get things done or just done your way.
Next, query five trusted colleagues for objective, outside input.
Compare the responses.
Depending on you’re your goals, adjust your attitudes and actions accordingly.
Image credit: HikingArtist